Apr 6, 2008

Intro

This is really a personal journal about my journey on my mountain bike. My ultimate destination is the finish line of the 2009 Absa Cape Epic on the Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset West.

You're more than welcome to join me on my journey.

The story so far..

I've been mountain biking semi-seriously since January 2007 when I started riding three times a week come what may. In the process I lost 14Kgs and got fit to the point now where I expect to finish in the top quarter of the field in the races I ride.

My first race was the Cape Argus (OK, I know it's a roadie event but it was fun) in March '07 and my first MTB race was the Tru Cape in Grabouw in May '07. Both of these races were very steep learning curves but things have got a bit easier since then.

My most recent race was the Vigne à Vigne at the Lourensford estate which I completed in 3:31 which I was pleased with as I'd ridden the Lourensford Classic (almost the same route) last year in 3:52.

I've entered the lottery for the 2009 Absa Cape Epic and wait to see whether or not I'm in. Once I know I'll write a bit about my Epic partner.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: