Sep 19, 2008

Karoo To Coast


I'm off to Uniondale in the morning to ride the Karoo To Coast on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it and am hoping to better last year's time of 4:47:18s which put me 337th out of 1245 finishers. I've not trained anywhere near as much as I did last year, but since my seven week lay-off whilst in Blighty I've been riding three times a week generally for 2½+ hours a time. In the last week or two this has increased to three hour rides. Despite not having trained the same, my base fitness is probably better and I do feel very strong on the bike right now. Hopefully all will go well on the day.

The race is from Uniondale to Knysna via the Prince Alfred Pass and is 100km's in total. The route involves some big hills and one stretch of downhill covering 14km's - sweet!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: