Dec 6, 2008

Weekly Summary

This week turned out to be a bit of a disaster. I rode Die Burger on Sunday and was pleased with my time of 2:57:50 as my aim was to do a sub-3 hour. Die Burger is a seeding event for the Cape Argus which is the only reason I chose to ride it. Regardless it was a lot of fun and a good learning curve but overall it felt very easy after the DC the week before.

I chose to rest on Monday and then planned to do my usual Tuesday night-ride followed by my Wednesday morning ride and then ride again on Friday morning. Sadly this was all thrown out by taking a nasty tumble on Tuesday evening during the night-ride. About an hour from the end of the ride, just as we were coming to the end of some glorious single-track my front wheel got caught by a root and I went straight over the handlebars. All I really remember is lying on the ground with my bike on top of me thinking I had broken my arm. Thankfully nothing was seriously damaged other than my pride. My right leg felt dead and my right arm is still very sore, as is the small of my back. So that put paid to the rest of my riding for the week.

The night-ride wasn't even a particularly good one as we (Paul & I) were joined by some other guys and rode at their pace. We have at least agreed to put a stop to that and take more control of our rides. We'll see if it actually happens.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: