Dec 27, 2008

Weekly Summary

I'm really pleased with myself as I'm finally getting to grips with the Polar ProTrainer 5 software. I've now managed to program in my planned exercise for each week prior to the Epic and then as I complete a week I can compare how I did with how I hoped to do. As seen in the image, I didn't do too badly either last week or this and now that I've got a grip of the software and tweaked my heart rate zones on the monitor it should all look a lot better in the coming weeks.

Trying to maintain a consistent training programme over the Christmas period is a lot harder than I imagined it would be. On Boxing day it was hard enough to rouse myself to get out of bed but I did and I was up and out by 4.50am. I then spent the first two hours wondering just what on earth I was doing! Thankfully I managed to push through and had a good ride. I guess that's part of the mental training required for the Epic as it's important to carry on riding even when you really don't want to.

Stats for the (recovery) week:
Ride time: 12:31
Distance: 265km
Kcal's burnt: 8058

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: