Feb 26, 2009

Ride Photos

I have been intending to take the camera out on a ride for a while now but I keep forgetting. This morning I finally got my act together and was gutted to see how thick the fog was! Thankfully it burnt off quite quickly and the morning turned into another perfect day in paradise!

I took this picture quite close to Stairway To Heaven looking out towards Table Mountain which is totally obscured by the fog. The fog made for an eerie ride but it was quite spectacular as it burnt off to slowly reveal the landscape.

I never tire of the beauty of the Western Cape especially here in the Helderberg and Stellenbosch areas. It really is a privilege to be able to ride around here.








This is one of my favourite views taken looking backwards from the start of 'Never Ending Story' in Jonkers. The views all around at this point are quite stunning and this is a popular spot with mountainbikers to stop and refuel etc. before hitting the glorious singletrack!



This is looking North(ish) from the same spot and again it's absolutely gorgeous!


This is the start of Never Ending Story which is a fantastic piece of singletrack. Look very carefully at the tree directly above the sign. On the first branch off to the left there's a bird of prey (can't work out exactly what it is).


I got off the bike and walked as close as I could to the bird but I still can't identify exactly what it is. Regardless it's a beautiful creature and I feel very privileged to have been so close to such a magnificent creature


As I got closer it turned its back on me providing another great shot of it


What a joy and a privilege it is to get so close to such amazing scenery and wildlife!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: