Oct 12, 2008

Road Bike

So here's the new road bike. The frame is a 2008 BMC SL01 which came with an Easton EC70 fork.
The groupset is Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed (2008) and the wheels are Campagnolo Vento shod with Vredestein Ricorso tyres. The pedals are Time RXS First, the stem and Handlebars are Scud by Amoeba, the seat post is KCNC whilst the saddle (Selle Italia C2) is carried over from the old bike. I also have two RavX nylon bottle cages and a Topeak tubbie under the saddle.

The bike is a bit of a work in progress as the steerer tube hasn't been cut to final size yet and no doubt fine tuning will happen over the next few rides.

I'm really happy as I've never been involved in building a bike up from scratch. Having been offered the frame at a substantial discount, I then spent time chatting it all over with my local bike shop and the bike you see is the result, all within my original budget. Cool!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: